As part of 20th Anniversary celebrations, Tracey Neuls is inviting fellow shoe aficionados to submit print designs that will be applied to her signature shoe. The one chosen design will feature on 20 pairs of special limited edition Geeks. The winner will also receive a design credit and a royalty for every pair sold!
DESIGN A SHOE PRINT COMPETITION
Tracey Neuls is an expert in shoe design and her Geek shoe is a classic, loved and worn my many for over a decade. This project is a chance for you to bring your print to life!
We’re open for your submissions until 6th MAY 2020
You can submit a digital design via our website, or send a physical print. Please note we will not be able to return physical submissions (they can be picked up in store after the competition has ended)
Physical submission to:
Tracey Neuls, Unit 59, Coal Drops Yard, London, N1C 4DQ
Your artwork can be anything you want but before you get started, please read our guidelines on creating a print digitally.
TWENTY YEARS OF TIMELESS DESIGN
1. Dimensions & file size should be A3 297mm x 420mm, 300dpi, saved as either a Tiff, JPEG or PDF.
Please try and reduce the size of your file as much as possible - 10MB maximum. The original art piece may be bigger but an A3 scan is needed. If you don’t have an A3 scanner you can find one at a graphics centre or you can scan x 2 A4.
2. Your file must be produced in CMYK so it’s set-up to be printed. Metallic or fluorescent inks cannot be reproduced, very fine detail can be lost in the printing process.
3. Note that the colour of the rubber soles are limited to either black, white or grey.
4. The print will become “tiled” and the Geek pattern placed on top. Some of the print will be lost in the cutting. Due to pattern scaling to accommodate different sizes we cannot guarantee exact placement.
5.The same design will used for both right and left shoes.
6. You can design landscape or portrait but portrait is ideal for the crop that will be used.
7. You have until 23:59 GMT on 6th May 2020 to upload your designs. Late submissions may not be accepted. We advise that you don’t wait until the last few minutes to email your designs.
8. Avoid fine detail and keep it simple. You can submit a print design that is graphic, multicoloured, block colour, minimal or painterly or even a photographed scan.
9. Please label your physical submissions with your name, address, phone number and email.
10. We will send you an email once we have received your print, so you know it has been received.
If you have any trouble submitting a digital design, we kindly ask you to double check these guidelines before reaching out to us. If you do need to contact us about your submission, please email email@example.com
From 14 October - 1 November Secret7 will exhibit all the artwork at NOW Gallery on Greenwich Peninsula in London, all 700 records will be sold via auction on the final day. All profits will be donated to help refugees.
Tracey Neuls is proud to be part of this movement amongst photographers, illustrators, painters, graffiti artists and sculptors.
"We have had a lot of fun in our East London shop, pushing the boundaries of retail, treating it like a gallery and hosting thought-provoking Artist Collaborations and creating our most recent Mise en Scene Shoe Bar. We've had a blast and thought leaving you on a funny note would make perfect sense. We look forward to serving you at our other Two Locations in London and of course Online.
Thanks for all your support, laughs and damn good fun - onwards and upwards!"